Coastal Foodshed works toward its mission through four main programs:
1. New Bedford Farmers Markets – Operating year-round farmers markets to provide the community with direct access to farmers and vendors selling locally grown produce and meats, as well as locally sourced foods, including breads, pastries, honey, etc..
2. Mobile Farm Stand program – Through this program, we source from more than 40 farmers and local food producers and then drive directly to New Bedford’s communities to sell the produce and foods directly to residents who can’t easily access the farmers markets
3. Coastal Foodshed Virtual Market – Created in direct response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this program allows customers to purchase local food through an app for delivery or pick up from more than 25 local farmers and food vendors
4. Learn to Love Local – The educational arm of our programming, through Learn to Love Local we provide live cooking demonstrations and tastings to participants at farmers markets or in collaboration with partnering organizations
All of our programs allow customers to use SNAP, WIC, FMNP and/or HIP benefits to purchase food.
Internship Programs and Student Services
- Internship Program
Events and Community Building
- Neighborhood Fairs and Festivals